[Vision2020] Christ Church and freedom of religion

Taro Tanaka taro_tanaka at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 24 12:36:02 PDT 2006

Joe Campbell writes:

[[ Check out the posting on Vision 2020 from Princess Taro Tanaka, dated
Friday, June 23, 2006 10:44 PM. Do you think he’s merely expressing his
views about “sodomites”? Or is he using this venue as an opportunity to
fling insults at a group that he despises, all in the name of Christ? ]]

Actually, I don't despise sodomites. And when I use the term sodomites, I
often have in view the modern-day counterparts of people who lived in the
city of Sodom at the time it was destroyed by fire from heaven. I don't
think all those people were homosexuals. I also sometimes use the term in a
narrower sense to refer to homosexuals. But I don't despise homosexuals
either.

Just for the record, the primary sin of Sodom was failure to acknowledge God
as God, and lack of gratitude towards God. Homosexual perversions are one
result of God's judging us for our failure to offer him gratitude.

I don't despise homosexuals because I know any differences between them and
me are purely the result of grace, not because I deserve anything from God.
God owes me nothing, yet He has given me all blesings  in Jesus Christ.

In 1st Corinthians 6, the Bible clearly states that homosexuals and other
sexually immoral persons will not inherit the kingdomof God. But it
immediately adds. "Such were some of you, but you were washed. But you were
sanctified. But you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and in the
Spirit of our God." Why should I despise what God has made clean?

I am far more angry with liberal, Bible-rejecting so-called "Christians"
than I am with homosexuals. Regardless, I pray that God would destroy all
His enemies, preferably by converting their hearts to faith in, and
submission to, Jesus Messiah.

-- Princess Sushitushi