[Vision2020] Christ Church and freedom of religion

Bill London london at moscow.com
Sat Jun 24 11:01:57 PDT 2006

P-
The Christ Church leadership has a political agenda, a goal of remaking
Moscow into a sanctuary for people who share their particular flavor of
Christianity.  The placement of NSA downtown, the authoritarian hierarchy,
the pastor-for-life hegemony of Doug Wilson, the creation of a parallel
social/educational/economic structure all reveal that agenda.

Of course, churches manifesting a political agenda are not new (see the
Inquisition for example).   What is important now is to clearly define the
issues.  I support efforts to reveal that agenda, warn others of its worst
manifestations (the rigid anti-gay, anti-women, and pro-neoconfederate
plans, for example), and support the victims of the ugly discipline program
within the church membership.
BL