[Vision2020] Christ Church and freedom of religion

Taro Tanaka taro_tanaka at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 24 00:18:17 PDT 2006

There are several reasons. To start with one of the less important reasons
--

The people in Christ Church are sinners like everyone else, and it shows.
Judgment starts at the house of God precisely because God loves His people

A more important reason is probably the fact that Christ Church is doing a
lot of things right. History is the history of spiritual warfare, and there
is always conflict wherever and whenever the church is doing its job right.
That doesn't mean we should be spoiling for a fight (we are called, as much
as possible, to be at peace with all men) and it certainly doesn't mean that
the presence of opposition from outside the church is a 100% reliable sign
that the church is "right on target." But it is a fact that Jesus says to us
in John 15, "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated
you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye
are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the
world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not
greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute
you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these
things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him
that sent me."

Believe me, if Christ Church was not succeeding in the truest sense of the
word, it would not be meeting with even a tiny fraction of the opposition it
receives now.

Amid this, Christ Church has to do what it has always had to do: remain
focused on Christ and fulfill the church's prophetic duty to share the truth
of Christ's gospel. Everything else can be committed to Him. Moscows
intoleristas don't have anything to fear from Christ Church, but they do
have good reason to fear God. Since the intoleristas arms are too short to
box with God, they try to take it out on Christ Church instead. They're
shooting the messenger.

-- Princess Sushitushi