[Vision2020] Piling On To Defend Nick Gier...

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 10:03:21 PDT 2006

Dick et. al.

Why don't you focus your attention on Nick's arguments about the US decision
to invade Iraq regarding whether it was wise or not, instead of making
personal attacks against him?  Your personal attacks do nothing to further a
full understanding of how it is best to resolve the situation in Iraq.

After having Nick as a teacher for several courses at the U of I, and
knowing him a bit outside the classroom, I can assure you he does not
"salivate every time one of our troops gets accused of some heinous
crime..." as you put it.  I have found Nick to be a caring and kind person,
and I am certain he feels saddened by the tragedies befalling US troops in
Iraq.

Nor is it credible to suggest Nick wishes to see the "return of Iraq to a
dictatorship like Saddam's" as you phrased it.  This is a baseless personal
attack to suggest this is what Nick wants, that only reveals your extreme
bias against someone who presents thoughtful and well reasoned fact based
analysis regarding the war in Iraq.

Ted Moffett