[Vision2020] FW: Take Back America

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 21:35:50 PDT 2006

On 6/21/06, TIM RIGSBY <tim.rigsby at hotmail.com> wrote:

> You are amazing.  Yesterday, we asked you to email members of Congress and
> tell them to raise the minimum wage.  And, in less than one day, you've sent
> over 25,000 emails!

I'll be honest, I'm undecided as to the merits of a minimum wage.
I've read convincing arguments on both sides.  For myself, while I
would certainly benefit from a minimum wage, I would benefit more from
socialized medicine.  All of my indebtedness comes from Gritman.  It
is possible to live semi-comfortably (with a family) on minimum wage,
if one is not spendthrift.  I've done it, and my parents did it for
seven children.  However, when something catastrophic comes up (as
medical bills frequently are) minimum wage isn't enough.
--
http://emmagoldman.wordpress.com/

"Aren't people absurd! They never use the freedoms they do have, but
demand those they don't have; they have freedom of thought, they
demand freedom of speech." -- Søren Kierkegaard