[Vision2020] Deacon, when you are a man, sometimes, you where stretchy pants, in your room

David Williams davidwilliams365 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 21 10:12:48 PDT 2006

Now, now Deacon, you silly goose, give the sport a, well, sporting chance
before you rip it to shreds.  Hows about you come with me to watch the most
exciting game of the tournament so far, Argentina vs. the Netherlands?  This
match promises an entertaining clash of playing style between quick,
creative, attack-oriented finesse of South American Futbol, and the
defensive, methodical, physical, ball-control European style.  I might even
spring for buying you a McDonald's "McChicken" sandwich.  Whaddya say??

In other news, Mexico and Portugal have guaranteed their spots in the
knockout rounds, following a 1-1 draw between Iran and Angola.  Other teams
that are guaranteed to move through (off the top of my head): England
(though Michael Owen has torn his ACL, out for the tourney), Sweden,
Germany, Ecuador, Argentina, Holland, Brazil, and Spain.  Probables are
Italy, Australia, Switzerland and Ukraine.

Just a reminder: the US team plays tomorrow (Thurs. morning) at 6:55am PST
againts the Ghana Black Stars.  Italy plays the C. Republic at the same
time.  Should the US beat Ghana, and Italy beat the  Czechs, Team USA would
advance to the knockout rounds, probably to play Brazil.  But, one game at a
time... Make sure to tune in and cheer on the Red, White and Blue!!!!  GO
USA!!!!!