[Vision2020] Our Captured GIs

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 23:15:17 PDT 2006

On 6/20/06, ToeKneeTime at aol.com <ToeKneeTime at aol.com> wrote:

> Debbie, you say that 72% of American troops deployed in Iraq hope for an end
> to the conflict within a year.  So what?  Don't we all?  The point is that
> such an understandable preference does not translate into disapproval of
> their mission or their leader.

Thinking that we should exit and hoping that we will are two different
things, and, no, I'm not being pedantic.  "Thinking that we should" is
expressing a belief, and "hoping that we will" is expressing a desire.
 I believe that I will live until tomorrow.  I also hope that I will.
One day that belief and that hope will end in contradiction.

> And Deb, if you think zogby is trustworthy and reliable, you have not been
> watching them long.

Zogby predicted Bush's 2000 election, and (from Wikipedia), "the
Quebec provincial election of 1998 for the Liberals, the 2001 Israeli
election for Ariel Sharon, and the 2000 Mexican election for Vicente
Fox."  He blew it in 2004, but occasional faulty predictions are
normal, not an indication of untrustworthiness.  Andreas wasn't saying
that Zogby was a psychic, after all.

--
http://emmagoldman.wordpress.com/

"Aren't people absurd! They never use the freedoms they do have, but
demand those they don't have; they have freedom of thought, they
demand freedom of speech." -- Søren Kierkegaard