[Vision2020] submission

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Tue Jun 20 09:56:08 PDT 2006

ACS writes:

The books of the BIble were written over a span of over 1500 years, in
Hebrew and Aramaic, under radicaly different forms of government, and
reflect radically different understandings of the nature of God.

Asking what the "true" answer to "what does  the Bible say about X?"

is, to me, like querying any selection of documents written on one topic
over 1500 years about what the "true" nature of the topic is.

Me:

I can understand your hesitancy.  However, Keely and I have been speaking of
primarily a Pauline view of submission, and we have gone no further than the
teachings of Jesus and Peter from there.  We have also been focusing in on
Christian Orthodoxy, which is typically granted in academia as providing a
singular, broad tradition-a tradition that embraces the teaching of the New
Testament.  So I still think that we can debate on what the New Testament
and Christian Tradition's general understanding is on this topic.  And I
still think that if the kind of submission I'm speaking of (which we haven't
fully nailed yet) is a priori immoral for you, what you have is a good
argument against the truth of Christianity.

Further, the social analysis of the pursuer/pursued construct can be
discussed independent of the Christian tradition or scripture.  This is even
worthy of a discussion involving secular anthropology, cognitive science,
and biology.

Michael