[Vision2020] Cult Fantasy News Flash: Roles & Submission

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Sat Jun 17 08:28:12 PDT 2006

By any traditional standards, Dickison was justified in the decision to
divorce.

Michael

Don't know if you just weren't there or what, but Dougie's sermon at the
time DEFINITELY stated "women, be wifely to you husband and he won't
wander."  I remember at the time thinking "This is just wrong.  He commits
adultery and the woman is told 'its because you didn't do your duty.'"

Dougie did NOT state the man had any "right" to do what he did, but the
wives have to be correct in THEIR actions to avoid the man from even
thinking about going elsewhere.

And your statement of Dickison is just wrong...his wife was not an
"unfaithful wife", she was ill and he did not want to deal with it.  We were
told by Dougie to stay away from her to avoid getting into conversations
that Dougie felt were detrimental to the church's rep and to Dickison's as
well.  What, did you miss that HOH too?  It was an all-parish one held at
the NuArt and Dickison was sitting in the back-middle, listening but not
offering any kind of support for his wife.  Dougie did all the talking for
him.  He went into detail about the type of illness, the type of actions she
was doing and why we needed to avoid her, going so far as to tell us to
cross the street if we see her. Afterward, Dickison just left - no talking
to anyone, no answering any questions - just got up and left.

THAT is not a supportive husband.  Nor is it supportive to blame that whole
thing on the wife or explain it as her being an "unfaithful wife" years
later.

No, I don't think this conversation needs to go any further....but
seriously, that was just not a cool thing for you to say.

J  :]

>From: "Michael" <metzler at moscow.com>

>To: <vision2020 at moscow.com>

>Subject: [Vision2020] Cult Fantasy News Flash: Roles & Submission

>Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 12:00:21 -0700

>J,

>I disagree. Wilson seems to use women to control the men at times.

>As for Dickinson, I believe he persevered with an unfaithful wife far

>longer

>than the typical man would.  I do not believe you speak the truth about

>him.

>There is even more evidence against your claims, but there is no reason to

>present such private information to Vision 2020.

>Wilson would not say that adultery is "understandable."  If a woman had

>withheld sex from her husband and her husband committed adultery, pastoral

>oversight would include speaking to the woman about her withholding sex in

>addition to rebuking the man for giving his wife possible grounds for a

>divorce.  I take it as common sense that a husband and wife should please

>one another in part for the purpose of protecting each other from an

>adulteress relationship.

>Thanks,

>Michael

>Additionally, if the woman does not fit the man's definition of what a

>woman/wife/mother should be like or is somehow "damaged goods" and would

>not

>"look good" for the man, she is out.  The best example of that is the

>Dickison case, but others do exist in your church.

>When one member of the church was "caught" cheating on his wife (again)

>while he was removed from attending services for three weeks, SHE (and the

>rest of the women in the church) was told (by Dougie) that it is

>understandable why a man would do such a thing if the wife is not

>"performing her wifely duties."  He admonished the women of the church to

>make sure they were doing what they should to "please her man" so that he

>would not feel the need to look for it outside the marriage.

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

>                http://www.fsr.net <http://www.fsr.net/>

 List services made available by First Step Internet,

               http://www.fsr.net <http://www.fsr.net/>