[Vision2020] What behaviors?

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Fri Jun 16 18:23:51 PDT 2006

I don't actually know what Doug Farris is talking about when he refers
to exposing children to "all kinds of homosexual behaviors."  Doing the
dishes?  Folding the laundry?  Watching The Grim Adventures of Billy
and Mandy?  Or is Doug talking about sexual acts?  If so, then I'll
take his question at face value rather than taking offense.  Sometimes
it's best to assume ignorance rather than malice.  The answer, Doug, is
that just as Ward and June Cleaver did not invite Wally and the Beaver
to watch them engage in "all sorts of heterosexual behaviors," the gay
and lesbian parents I know treat sexual acts as closed door, two-party,
invitation only events.  This is why Mr. Privacy invented the lock on
the bedroom door.  The lock on the bathroom door was invented so that
parents could read People Magazine in the bathtub and let Calgon take
us away.

Do keep in mind, Doug, that I don't know any gay or lesbian children
who were raised by gay or lesbian parents.  My parents are
heterosexual.  Melynda's parents are heterosexual.  Dick and Lynne
Cheney are heterosexual.  These straight couples raised me, Melynda,
and Mary Cheney, three out lesbians all in long-term, monogamous
relationships.  And Dick and Lynne managed to raise Mary while being
conservative Republicans AND living in Wyoming.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com