[Vision2020] Cult Fantasy News Flash: Roles & Submission

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Fri Jun 16 13:16:49 PDT 2006

BL-

Correct.  My point was more along the lines of: we have hardly begun to get
at the issues yet.

An analogy comes to mind:  A girl finally gets asked out on a date from the
guy she has been eyeing for a month; let's say that it is the understanding
that his initiative in requesting the date is consistent with his planning
the date.  If the girl "goes along with" the guy's decisions even if her
preferences might have been a bit different, would it be appropriate
(romantically, aesthetically, socially, morally) to say that the girl
"should submit" to the guy's decisions on this date?

I'm curious what your intuition would be.

Thanks

Michael

M-

You say: "Having different roles does not logically require submission."

I agree.  However, I understood Doug Wilson to require that (since the man
is the head of the household) that the wife must submit to his decisions.

BL