[Vision2020] Sports?

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Fri Jun 16 00:44:35 PDT 2006

Visionaries:

Clearly, I've gotten behind in V2020 postings, so this post will be behind
the times . . .

But, when reading through the messages trying to catch up, I'm struck by --
as were several other Visionaries who commented in a timely manner -- on the
sudden influx of new posters with keen interest in sports rather on than the
tragic consequences of two (count 'em TWO -- Steven Sitler and Jamin Wight)
Pedophiles on the Palouse of whom Christ Church (CC)  hierarchy (at a
minimum) had personal knowledge.

Several Visionaries commented on the sudden influx & flurry of postings by
the CC sporties, but Doug Wilson, Deacon James, and Heather Wilson & perhaps
others reappeared as well.

What strikes me most is the tragedy  :-(  The tragedy caused by the two
pedophiles to their survivors and those families, to the loved ones of the
pedophiles, and to the congregations of the pedophiles  :-(((

Where were these CC sporties and others six months ago?!

If one is to believe Doug Wilson ("What I actually did was notify them in
writing at the parish level Heads of Households meeting in November, and
then again at the church-wide Heads of Households meeting in December"),
these V2020 newbies  & here-again-gone-again folks *knew*  back in November
or December.

They knew *months* ago -- specifically -- that Sitler, a predatory repeat
pedophile reportedly with survivors in THREE states, had preyed undetected
on the children in our community for some 18 months :-(((  A fact that was
*absolutely* concealed from the non-CC community.

Yet, they said nothing.

Quite frankly, I don't know how they can stomach looking in the mirror each
day.

Oh . . . wait!  I guess it must be because the children outside of the CC
fold count for NOTHING.

I mean, we've listened for several years now to Doug Wilson et al talk about
how CC members are *integrated* into the community -- they don't live
cloistered lives.  They live amongst community members, they patronize
community businesses, they are out & about in the community, etc., etc.,
etc. ad nauseum.

I shiver with nausea when I remember the comment of a declared non-CC
community mother who stated during a public hearing that she felt so much
safer with her children at Friendship Square since NSA moved in  :-(((

Yet -- somehow -- we are supposed to believe that Sitler especially caused
no harm to the children outside the CC fold during the 18 months he operated
here on the Palouse undetected?!?!

Sorry -- that dog flatly doesn't hunt.

While the CC community & the CC sporties who suddenly appeared on V2020 --
according to Doug Wilson -- knew of Sitler's and Wight's damaging behavior
in our community, they all said nothing at all to the rest of us.

Nothing.

Nothing to the non-CC parents.  They *knew* and they said nothing to us
until they joined in the spin game to distract attention from the tragedy
that Wilson attracted to our community  :-(((

And, *that* -- Dave Johnson and Omie Drawhorn and the rest of the editors
and publishers -- is the story, IMHO.

I hope Jennifer McFarland (LCSO PIO) doesn't think I'm trying to wag the
dog, but I think she was spot on when she posted the following to V2020:
"I simply do not have time to do the job of an investigative reporter, court
clerk, and secretary in addition to my duties at the Sheriff's Office."

What are your excuses, David Johnson, Omie Drawhorn, the Daily News, and the
Lewiston Tribune???

For shame, for shame, for shame  :-(((

JMHO,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****