[Vision2020] Re: Correction to "Age of Consent"

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Jun 15 21:16:47 PDT 2006

As much as I'm almost always annoyed at Doug Farris because of  his posts, I
don't like the idea of anyone hinting that someone peruses the NAMBLA or any
other pedophile website, or that they have any prurient interest in the
subject matter.  I think that such a predilection would be so vile that
hints, gossip and accusations of an interest or participation in adult-child
sex are uncategorically wrong until and unless proof can be had.

Put another way, I object when gay men and lesbians are accused of either
supporting pedophilia or engaging in it themselves, and I object equally
when heterosexuals are thought to have an unhealthy interest in pedophilia
by suggesting, however wrongly, that gays are pedophiles, pederasts, or
sympathetic to those who are.

Even more bluntly -- "pedophile" or "pedophile lover" cannot become the
"commie pinko"-type pejorative of choice fired at those we dislike.

No matter what.

keely