[Vision2020] Re: Trolly on old Railroad Tracks & P&Z hearing Wed nite

Nils Peterson nils_peterson at wsu.edu
Tue Jun 13 12:23:07 PDT 2006

There was a thread here recently about a rail-based shuttle from Moscow to
Pullman. That strikes me as more interesting and valuable than a interal to
Moscow trolly -- there isn't much track left in town.

ALSO-- the reason there is less track is that several of the railroad using
businesses are going or gone. There is a P&Z hearing on 3 parcels of
industrial land (grain elevators at the south end of Main) to convert them
sites to Central Business District.

I hope to go to the hearing Wed nite, to support the idea. Moscow growth in
the CBD and mixed use ways that these sites suggest is MUCH more interesting
to me than generic motor business growth on the edge of town. If the
buildings can be re-used in some way, that would be cool also (but this
hearing in about zoning, not a specific use).

Besides, I want to go to one of these hearings and speak for the proposal,
rather than against it.

My one reservation is water. We still need to come to grips with having and
balancing a water budget.