[Vision2020] World Cup NEWS!!!!!!!!! (more exclamation points means its really REALLY excitin

David Williams davidwilliams365 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 08:05:34 PDT 2006

Back by popular demand, I've decided that you all rather like my WC (?)
talk.  So, here's how the groups shake out following the innaugural weekend
of World Cup action:

Group A - Germany def. Costa Rica 4-2,  Ecuador def. Poland 2-0

Group B - England def. Paraguay 1-0,  Sweden ties Trinidad Tobago 0-0

Group C - Argentina def. Ivory Coast 2-1,  Netherlands def. Serbia
Montenegro 1-0

Group D - Mexico def. Iran 3-1,  Portugal def. Angola 1-0

*No real upsets, excepting Sweden's draw with T&T, and the fact that many of
these games saw mere one-goal margins between traditional European
powerhouses and the supposed African and Caribbean lightweights.  Expect an
upset soon.

**I hope everyone remembers that the U.S. plays this morning against the
Czech Republic at 9am PST.  May you be proudly sporting the US '06 World Cup
replica jerseys that I know you all bought over the weekend (which
player/jersey number did you pick, Tom??  Joe??  Keely??).  USA, USA, USA,
ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!