[Vision2020] shamelessness [including an escape]

Taro Tanaka taro_tanaka at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 11 00:44:46 PDT 2006

Wow.

Wayne Fox's post under this subject heading needs to be enshrined in the
brazen shamelessness hall of fame, not to mention the sheer idiocy hall of
fame. It crosses way over the line into the realm of legally demonstrable
libel of Doug Wilson, and it also constitutes a resounding slap to the face
of the local law enforcement and judicial authorities, through its
insinuation of gross incompetence and/or collusion on their part with a
person who (it is alleged) deliberately helped a felon "escape."

If I was in Jennifer McFarland's position, I would be most unhappy, for
various reasons that should be obvious, about having words put into my
mouth. Jennifer McFarland never said anything about "obstruction of justice"
or Sitler escaping jurisdiction, except to say "If Sitler were to escape
jurisdiction," and there is absolutely nothing in her statement from which
Mr. Fox's conclusion can be drawn, except possibly by a person whose
thinking is guided by a most malevolent spirit.

It was a real class act of Mr. Fox to write, "If the general tenor of this
guess is wrong, I invite anyone from the LCSO to tell us so." In other
words, "Failure by the LCSO to repudiate any statement I made herein shall
be construed as an endorsement of same."

There are other utterances in Mr. Fox's post that are so ridiculous on their
face that I won't even bother pointing them out.

Mr. Fox, here is a tip for how you can impress people with the brilliance of
your wisdom and intellect:

"He that hath knowledge spareth his words: and a man of understanding is of
an excellent spirit. Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted
wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding."