[Vision2020] Sex offender legislation

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Sat Jun 10 20:15:22 PDT 2006

How about some biblical sex legislation for sex offenders? I'm sure
Doug Wilson, Bryan Fischer and other Bible pushers will approve.

"If a man seduces a virgin for whom the bride-price has not been
paid, and lies with her, he must make her his wife by payment of a
bride-price. If her father refuses to give her to him, he must still
weigh out silver in accordance with the bride-price for
virgins"  (Exodus 22:15-16).

"If a man comes upon a virgin who is not engaged and he seizes her
and lies with her, and they are discovered, the man who lay with her
shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be
his wife. Because he has violated her, he can never have the right to
divorce her" (Deuteronomy 22:28-29).

Scott Dredge sdredge at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 10 20:10:23 PDT 2006
Wouldn't a good defense lawyer broker a plea agreement with the
prosecutor for a reduced charge of something along the lines of
"Felony Injury to Child" coupled with 2 years probation and a
deferred judgement so the defendent could legally mark "No" to a
question of "Have you ever been convicted of a Felony?" on a job
application?  This scenario would also allow the 19 year old to avoid
registering as a sex offender (and rightly so in my opinion).

-Scott

Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam at hotmail.com> wrote: And already
I'm back, if only to correct myself.  My example requiring the
18 year-old is wrong.  Looks like the statute won't require him to
register.

Let's make him 19.  Now he has to register.