[Vision2020] Sex offender legislation

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Sat Jun 10 10:10:41 PDT 2006

[Vision2020] Fwd: Sex offender legislation

Tom Trail ttrail at moscow.com
Sat Jun 10 08:24:21 PDT 2006

 >>I asked Legislative Services to run a legislative review on sexual
 >offender/predator legislation passed by the Idaho Legislature.  My
previous
 >e mail outlined the six major bills we passed in 2006.  While Idaho
did not
 >adopt Jessica's law the impact of the bills we passed put on the
same sidebars
 >and will have the same impact as Jessica's law.
 >
 >Rep. Tom Trail
 >

 >>Hi Rep. Trail,
 >>
 >>I did some checking.  Jessica from "Jessica's Law" fame was killed
 >>in February of 2005.  As you  know we had quite a few sex offender
 >>laws passed in 2006.  Going back six years, as you requested, I
 >>found:
 >>
 >>2005: nothing similar
 >>2004:   Sex offenders, day care employment prohibited. .
 >>.<http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/2004/H0727.html>H0727 - Ch.270
 >>Sex offender classification, board review criteria
 >><http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/2004/S1263.html>S1263 - Ch.125
 >>
 >>2003:  Sheriff, disseminate registration, violent sex
 >>predator<http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/2003/H0003.html>H0003 - Ch.28
 >>  Sex offenders, certified psychosexual evaluators
 >><http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/2003/S1002.html>S1002 - Ch.235
 >>
 >>2002:
 >>  Sexual Offender Registration Notification Act amended. .
 >>.<http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/2002/S1279.html>S1279  Ch. 183
 >>
 >>2001:  Sex offender register, aggravated offense not exempt
 >><http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/2001/S1170.html>S1170 - Ch.194
 >>Violent sexual predator designation, challenges.
 >>.<http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/2001/H0181.html>H0181 - Ch.200
 >>Sex offender registry, public internet access. .
 >><http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/2001/S1192.html>S1192 - Ch.195
 >>Violent sexual predator designation, when served
 >><http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/2001/S1043.html>S1043 - Ch.286
 >>
 >>2000:   Sexual offender registration, recidivists. . . .
 >><http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/2000/S1320.html>S1320 - Ch.236
 >>Violent sexual predator notice, service by sheriff. . .
 >><http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/2000/S1321.html>S1321 - Ch.237
 >>    Violent sexual predator, risk of reoffense review. . .
 >><http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/2000/S1319.html>S1319 - Ch.235
 >>
 >>1999:   Sex offenders, psychosexual evaluation, when . .
 >>.<http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/1999/H0266.html>H0266 - Ch.380
 >>Sex offenders, registration, clarify . . . . . .
 >><http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/1999/S1077.html>S1077 - Ch.302
 >>Sex offenders, registration, nonresidents. . . .
 >><http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/1999/S1090.html>S1090 - Ch.349
 >>
 >>Please let me know if you need any further information!
 >>
 >>Kristin
 >>

 >>Kristin Ford
 >>Legislative Reference Library
 >>Idaho State Capitol
 >>P.O. Box 83720
 >>Boise, ID  83720-0054
 >>phone: 208-334-4822
 >>fax:  208-334-2125

RALPH:

How about some biblical sex legislation for sex offenders? I'm sure
Doug Wilson, Bryan Fischer and other Bible pushers will approve.

"If a man seduces a virgin for whom the bride-price has not been
paid, and lies with her, he must make her his wife by payment of a
bride-price. If her father refuses to give her to him, he must still
weigh out silver in accordance with the bride-price for
virgins"  (Exodus 22:15-16).

"If a man comes upon a virgin who is not engaged and he seizes her
and lies with her, and they are discovered, the man who lay with her
shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be
his wife. Because he has violated her, he can never have the right to
divorce her" (Deuteronomy 22:28-29).