[Vision2020] More Soccer News!!!

David Williams davidwilliams365 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 9 14:02:50 PDT 2006

Well, I guess y'all must on the edge of seat waiting for my updates, so w/o
further adieu...

Germany finished strong in their match with Costa Rica, posting a 4-2
victory over the Ticos.  Philip Lahm drew first blood in the 6th minute when
he flicked in a cross at the far post.  Miroslave Klose contributed a fine
pair of goals at the 17th and 61st minutes.  Paulo Wanchope scored both
times for the Ticos in the 12th and 37th minute, exploiting an offsides trap
to beat German goalie Jens Lehmann one-on-one.  Finally, in the 84th minute,
a brilliant, swerving strike by ?? from 35yds. out brought the German lead
to 4-2 conclusion.

Quick Update:

Ecuador leads Poland 2-0 in the 85th minute.