[Vision2020] visionary telepathy

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Jun 8 20:54:17 PDT 2006

Some Visionaires and Intoleristas, Wilson claims, are able to telepathically
proclaim that "every last child" in the Kirk community was at risk from
Steven Sitler.  Call it telepathy informed by suspicion and concern.

And it seems that Wilson, et al, engaged in  the same sort of telepathy that
led them to presume that Sitler would stop and had confined his activities
to the numbers and instances he confessed to.  That, I suppose, is telepathy
of a different sort, informed by either naivete or arrogance.

But actually, this assumption -- that sexual predators reoffend, offend
often, offend in ways others know nothing about, etc., -- is not telepathy,
idle speculation, gossip, joy at others' misfortune or anything else.  It's
borne out of what science tells us about the nature of pedophilia, and the
parents -- both of them -- needed to know exactly what was going on so that
they could make the decisions that in their mind would keep their families
safe.  Their mind, folks -- not Doug Wilson's, not the elders', not the
other HOHs, not the Intoleristas, but their own mind.  Iin the protection of
minor children, that's the only mind that really matters

I love my pastor.  I love the women and men who are deacons in my church,
and they love me.  I trust them.  I admire and respect and learn from them.
But my husband and I get to make the decisions that affect our sons, and the
thought of my pastor usurping that role by deciding that everyone who "needs
to know" has been told of the presence in my church community of a serial
pedophile would be laughable if not so utterly offensive.

keely