[Vision2020] Sitler case

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Thu Jun 8 17:12:42 PDT 2006

Keely,

Thank you Keely for your most insightful post.  And a huge thank you to Cultmaster Wilson for giving us such a sterling demonstration of what an artfully clever con artist he is, and why he brings to mind the old joke:  "How can you tell if Cultmaster Wilson is lying?  See if he is breathing."

Many years ago in another jurisdiction I had a conversation with a veteran law enforcement officer who related an experience she had as a rookie.  It went something like this (name changed):

When I was on the force just a few months, an APB was received for a felony suspect.  While on foot patrol, I saw someone who matched the given description.  I approached and asked the suspect if he was Rudolf Benson.  He denied it vehemently and quite convincingly.  But I was pretty sure he was the suspect and didn't want to make a mistake since in those days female officers were held to a much higher standard.

As we were talking, the suspect spit on the sidewalk.  I then informed him that he had broken a law, that I was going to cite him, and that he was required to show his identification.  He tried to bolt, but I was prepared, able to restrain him, and then call for backup.

When he was finally in custody, a check of his identification showed he was indeed Rudolf Benson.  Since lying to a police officer was a further crime, he was asked why he lied.  His response:

"I didn't lie.  My name is not Rudolf Benson.  It is Rudolf Weldon Benson."

A disingenuous lie.

Another example, this one from observation of part of a criminal trial:

On cross-examination the defendant was asked if there were several other persons present when X occurred.  The defendant replied, "No."  The prosecutor appeared to accept this statement completely at face value.  However, at various points during his examination the prosecutor slyly asked if such and such a person was present when X occurred.  The answer was always, "Yes."

After the last of these answers, the prosecutor asked, "You have now named six persons who where present when X occurred.  Yet you denied at first that there were several other persons present when X occurred.  How can both statements be true?"

The defendant replied, "Six other persons is not several.  There would have to be seven other persons present for there to be several."

I am sure that this disingenuous lie was an important factor in the minds of the jury when deciding about the credibility of the defendant.  He was convicted after about 10 minutes of deliberation.

The above are examples of the kind of disingenuous lies that the Cultmaster sometimes tells.  In Keely's words:

"It is disingenuous for Wilson to take refuge in the literal truth that Sitler was not a member of Christ Church.  While he didn't, apparently, enter into a membership covenant with the Kirk, he worshipped there regularly, is in the directory as a part of the Kirk community, lived in a Kirk-family boarding house, attended NSA, and was considered a part of the ministries and fellowship of Christ Church.  That he didn't cap it all with a membership ceremony is irrelevant."

Further, several of the Cultmaster's minions/employees testified under oath at an IBTA hearing that NSA, etc were all part of the Christ Church ministry.  The document I clipped showing Sitler's membership in the set of Christ Church congregants was entitled the Christ Church Address and Telephone Directory.

Keely's analysis brings to mind the old saw:  If it walks like a duck, quacks like..., etc, it is a duck.

Again, I caution anyone, especially vulnerable members of the cult, about taking the Cultmaster's words at nominal value, and especially in such a revolting, revealing case as the one at issue.  The Cultmaster is a world class flimflammer trying to save his reputation, power base, and economic engine.

What is also quite diabolically clever is his question to me about where I got the number 120 (see below).  Notice that he didn't deny that 120 was the correct number.  Here's the clever part: he must have some idea what the actual number is because he alleges that Sitler confessed to him (at least some of) his acts of pedophilic debauchery of children.

Wilson knows an approximate number from these confessions.  He has not revealed it public.  He might argue that his "confidential" pastoral relationship with Sitler would not permit it.  But since Both Wilson and Sitler have already discussed certain aspects of these confessions in public, it would appear that they have waived the privilege of confidentiality, at least legally.

Wilson is one of those charming people that many believe without critical effort or examination.  For me, if he said it was raining, I would hold out my hand and look up at the sky.  Carefully.  Stay tuned and/or go to www.poohsthink.com for more insight into some of the Cultmaster's flimflammery.

Wayne A. Fox
1009 Karen Lane
PO Box 9421
Moscow, ID  83843