[Vision2020] Keeping quiet

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Jun 8 11:46:08 PDT 2006

I share Ellen's frustration, and it seems as though the whole story isn't
out.  No family needs to ever be identified -- under any circumstances --
but it appears as though Sitler had numerous victims and molested them over
a long period of time.  I think if those specifics were known, the outrage
over his sentence and apparent mobility while jailed would explode.  As it
should.  Carl is right -- why in the world is any marijuana user ever
jailed, and especially for more time than Sitler?

Specifics do matter -- specifics of the offense, of its handling by church
and civil authorities, and of a plan to protect children better.  Asking for
those doesn't make anyone a bad guy.  Refusing to answer, though, does make
you look one . . . even if you think you don't deserve to.

keely