[Vision2020] (no subject)

David Williams davidwilliams365 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 8 11:09:05 PDT 2006

First off, the draw for the groups is "supposedly" random.  Don't believe it
for a second though, b/c if you'll notice, each the host team goes a long
ways.  France in '98, and S. Korea in '02.  Was that b/c they rose to the
challenge, had homefield advantage??  No way, they had EASY PEASY groups.
Which annoys me, b/c the US get plunked into a group with two teams in the
top 5 rankings (Czrech Republic and Italy).  Germany gets a group in which
no one is even remotely close to the top ten.  But we'll (meaning the US)
will shoulder the burden anyways.  Italy has always been known to choke,
Ghana (the 4th team in the group) is inexperienced, and C. Republic has
sustained some bad injuries.  Prediction??  The US will beat the C.
Republic, lose to Italy, and beat Ghana.  All will be close, nail-biting
games, but the US will pull through in 2nd place, only to lose to Brazil in
the round of 16.