[Vision2020] World Cup

David Williams davidwilliams365 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 8 10:46:37 PDT 2006

Yah, its great the US drew such a high ranking, but there is a definited
drawback to that.  In '02 I think we kinda flew under the radar for some of
the higher ranked teams.  That won't be so easy this time.  First, some of
the players from the last world cup (L. Donovan, D. Beasely, E. Lewis) were
relative unknowns, but now they can expect a lot more attention from the
defenses of opposing teams.  Second, Group E is definitely the toughest draw
of the tournament, and arguably one of the most difficult groups in the last
couple of tournaments.  The US will have to play at the top of their game to
advance from this group.  But its within their reach...