[Vision2020] shamelessness

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Thu Jun 8 08:23:00 PDT 2006

I don't necessarily dispute gc's general point, but on application I think
it is possible for all of us to get some crucial details wrong.  I recall gc
asking me not long ago if my goal was to take over a leadership position at
Christ Church or something : -) And I'm fairly certain Joe's interest in
this is not conspiratorial.

Consistent with my broad analysis, the attacks on Christ Church are not
always just or justified; they all are, however, predictable given what has
provoked them. This is largely not a mystical/spiritual attack on humility,
goodness, and the gospel.  Back on the road!....

Thanks for the note Joe.

michael

As one of the club members, I would have expected nothing less. A quick
question for you. Why when crimes are committed by people other than members
of CC, NSA, Trinity Reformed, etc: do you not ask the same questions of the
Catholic priest? The Methodist minister? The Mormon deacon? The only time
the leaders of a faith community are called to question and asked to answer
for their members is when this one group is involved? Or is it your
contention that the only unpleasantness that occurs in our community flows
from this source exclusively? At the risk of arousing your not
inconsiderable, hair trigger ire, I would suggest that there is a bit more
at work here than your noble concern for who is and is not "above and beyond
the laws of our community."

gc