[Vision2020] Who was a friend of the big bad bear?

ToeKneeTime at aol.com ToeKneeTime at aol.com
Wed Jun 7 22:54:39 PDT 2006

S.D.I. impossible in the 80's, Ophite?  Hell, we put MEN ON THE  MOON in the
60's.  We certainly thought we could produce such a system, and  given our
history of fast mobilization in a crises, the Soviets believed we  could.  ERGO:
Ronald Reagan won the cold war.  I know that tends  to bind you up....  Try
more fiber.

Where did you defend Stalin's actions?  You didn't and of course I  never
said you did.  I simply tried to point out that "paper tigers" as you
characterized the Soviet union, do not consume millions of innocents.

I never said that only groups like the weather underground were influenced
by Soviet involvement.  What I am suggesting is that there was a broad
spectrum of sympathy for communist totalitarianism among the left in the 50's  and
60's.  Now their enthusiasm takes the form of an occasion wistful  tear.

Hope this helps to clear up your understanding of this question.

Best,   --Tony