[Vision2020] Case Number CR-2005-02027 (Sitler)

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Wed Jun 7 15:39:37 PDT 2006

Vizzz peeps,

I, too, am saddened, angry, upset, disheartened, whatever, about this
whole deal.  I'm not sure a year is enough time to serve for such a
heinous activity.  But I'm not a lawyer or a judge.  I could go on and
on about what I wish could be done to child molesters, but that's
another conversation.  I believe this is the conversation Phil and Wayne
are having.

That being said, why the furor over just this deal?  Families wanted it
kept quiet, okay, I can understand that.  God forbid anything like this
should happen to either of my kids, I for dang sure wouldn't want ANYONE
knowing who they are.  But here's what gets me:  a very big deal is
being made about this on the Vision2020, as maybe it should be, but I
think its being made for the wrong reasons, and I think we all know the
reasons the big deal is being made.

Why is there not a big public outcry over every other activity of this
sort that doesn't necessarily make the papers?  This can't be the only
molestation case that's happened in our fair city/county over the last
few years.  If it was, there wouldn't be such a huge listing on the
state's website.  It doesn't take long to find some offenses less than
two years old.  That being the case, Sitler's sentence doesn't seem any
less harsh than anyone else's.

>From what Jennifer says, this hasn't been "hushed up" any more than any
other sexual offense case.  Maybe with Jennifer in place as PIO, we'll
be more informed as to what's going on in our neck o' the woods.  I
applaud her efforts, as should the rest of us.

DC