Steven Sitler (was RE: [Vision2020] Dale and Being picky)

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Tue Jun 6 13:27:43 PDT 2006

Sitler isn't currently listed in Idaho's registry presumably because he's
been incarcerated in Idaho since his plea:

"For the purposes of registration, conviction means that the person has pled
guilty or has been found guilty, no matter the form of judgment or withheld
judgment. Complying with registration requirements is not required while a
person is incarcerated in a correctional institution operated or regulated
by the Department of Correction, a county jail facility, or committed to a
mental health institution of the Department of Health and Welfare."
http://www.isp.state.id.us/identification/sex_offender/reg_adult.html

Sitler will be required to register in Idaho if he stays in Idaho when he's
released from jail.

However, the fact that Sitler is in jail and not currently required to
register (because he's not a current public safety threat, I suppose) does
NOT change the fact that he's a heinous serial pedophilic predator who had
unreported access to our community's most precious resources -- our children
-- for some 18 months  :-(

It is absolutely unconscionable to me that there were apparently some in Our
Community who knew of this threat and sounded warning to protect their own,
but who also kept this important knowledge from the rest of us  :-(((
According to leader Doug Wilson, "There were several documented occasions
last year where the church was informed about Sitler."  Wilson's assertion
is apparently disputed by at least some Christ Church members.

I have no first-hand knowledge of what went on in the Kirk during that time,
but I find myself in the odd position of hoping that Wilson is lying because
to me, that is far preferable to thinking there are so many truly awful Bad
Neighbors in Our Community  :-(

And, I echo Kit's questions, ". . . why weren't there any stories in the
newspapers or on the radio. Why no warnings from the authorities?"

Neither the Daily News nor the Lewiston Tribune covered this, and I am
*thoroughly* DISGUSTED and *absolutely* FURIOUS with them!  I have read so
much non-news in both papers over the years, yet this piece of vital news --
that we had a serial pedophilic predator running loose in our community for
months & months & months & months -- went unreported?!?!  For Pete's sake!
Our community certainly deserves better news coverage than that!

And, I hope we get an explanation from law enforcement as to why they were
silent.  It is widely accepted that sexual crimes against children are
vastly underreported, and it's not  uncommon for previously unknown child
victims to be empowered to come forward once they know their victimizer can
no longer hurt them.  By keeping this heinous situation silent, I fear law
enforcement has deprived any other victims the safe opportunity come forward
and begin the healing process  :-(((

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****