[Vision2020] Robert Lee Scholarships

Tom Trail ttrail at moscow.com
Sat Jun 3 17:42:39 PDT 2006

Sen. Robert Lee and I co-sponsored the Idaho Promise Scholarship legislation
about 6 years ago.  Sen. Lee passed away several years ago and so the Promise
Scholarship Program was renamed in his honor.  Sen. Lee was a graduate of the
University of Idaho and held a Ph.D. from Stanford University.   There are
two parts of the scholarship program--A and B.   Students who graduate from
a Idaho public or private school with a 3.00 gpa are eligible for the award if
they attend a Idaho Institution of Higher Education.  Home Schooling graduates
are also eligible if they score 22 on the ACT.  The award is $250/semester for
four semesters or a total of $1,000.  Over 5,000 University of Idaho students
have received the award.  We continue to try and get the amount increased.

Rep. Tom Trail
--
Dr. Tom Trail
International Trails