[Vision2020] Re: Cope with a diversity of political views.....

ToeKneeTime at aol.com ToeKneeTime at aol.com
Fri Jun 2 12:24:48 PDT 2006

Craine,

My but that name sounds familiar, as does Bill London....  Given your  past
affiliation, guys, I can understand your aversion to tolerance of opposing
views.  But this is the Internet, the days of censorship and a monopoly on  the
expression of opinion are numbered.

Cope with it.

I always know when I nail the subject when my opponents scream  indignantly.

Andrea,  You claim that I have called for the corralling and execution  of
anyone who criticizes the government or me.  WHEN did I make such a  statement,
or did you just make that one up?

I thought so.

When criticized, liberals tend to launch into hysterics and make all manner
of inaccurate and ludicrous statements.  In that regard your post was
typical.  I should add, I suppose, that I appreciate your hanging on my  every word
since my first letter to the Tribune, 20--some years ago.  It's  so good to
have such a devoted fan.  Clearly you have a deep seated  appreciation for
conservative views that you are not altogether successful in  repressing.  Give me a
few more months, Andrea, and I will break your  resistance completely and
convert to into a devout republican.

As far as the cold war is concerned.....  "WE" did not win it,  Andrea.
Conservatives won it in spite of the efforts of your ilk who aided  the Soviets at
every turn for over half a century.  Let's not rewrite  history my dear.  It
was not openness that caused the implosion of the  Soviet Union, but a massive
expenditure on arms which the Soviets simply did not  have the resources to
counter.  If you wish to celebrate the fall of the  Soviet Union, you might
start by thanking the Lord for Ronald Reagan.  (I  know that will be tough.  Just
envision him as Jerry Garcia.)

As for torture:  You say that we made it through WW11 without any  cases of
torture.  Andrea, please!  We carpet bombed cities in Germany  into rubble!  We
dropped the A-bomb on 2 cities resulting in the death of  thousands of
innocents!  Modern warfare involves FAR FEWER examples of  collateral damage than in
past conflicts.  Plus, there is NO EVIDENCE that  such activities in Iraq
were at any time officially sanctioned or anything other  than the out of control
actions of a few renegades.

I most certainly DO have sufficient standing to call your patriotism into
question, Andrea, and I DO!  While you may not be a willful conspirator,  your
bumbling post indicates that you certainly qualify as a useful idiot.

And in closing to all of you who keep vowing to tune out if all this
"nastiness" doesn't stop:  Fess up folks, that's why you tune in.  To  hear a lively
debate full of juicy controversy and clashing ideologies.   Your hooked, you
can't help yourselves!  Accept your fascination with this  website and the
controversy which has hoisted it above the hum drum and  mundane.  You are
conflict junkies, OWN IT!!

Hugs and kisses,   --Tony