[Vision2020] is V2020 doomed?

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Fri Jun 2 11:23:53 PDT 2006

I agree with Bill London.  It almost seems that the strange conservative
presence on Vision 2020 is a strategic move; I'm not saying it is, but it
certainly does look like it.  I know there are some long term contributors
here who have recently given up, and I certainly can't defend this list as I
have done in the past.  Ironically, though, Wilson's point about who's doing
what and why on Vision 2020 has been disintegrated in the process.  I have
not given up on V2020 either, though.

Michael Metzler

have heard from a few people lately who think V2020 is doomed.  The horrible
mean-spirited postings of late have disgusted many of us.  What is to be
done?

I haven't given up on V2020.   I think we need to deal with the present
problem on V2020.  The problem is that following the Lewiston Tribune
feature, a couple of hot-head arch-conservatives decided to have some fun
with the liberals in Moscow.  So they joined and started screaming.  And we
jumped for the bait.  What I suggest is that we practice what Doug Wilson is
so clever at using...old-fashioned shunning.  We should all stop responding
to the postings from tony and dick.  This tactic has worked before on V2020.
I would suggest trying it again.

BL