[Vision2020] Ped/Bike transportation options

Craine Kit kcraine at verizon.net
Thu Jun 1 10:07:02 PDT 2006

Once upon a time, the City of Moscow required annual bike licences.
That didn’t work very well as many UI students didn’t bother getting
one and enforcement wasn’t worth the time. So, the City went to a
life time licence--mainly so bikes could be returned to their owners
if they were recovered after being lost or stolen. Perhaps it is time
to re-evaluate that.

On the other hand, not having to buy a licence and/or pay taxes might
be an enticement for people to ride.

Kit Craine