[Vision2020] A little Doug music

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Sat Jul 29 13:07:00 PDT 2006

On Jul 29, 2006, at 12:49 PM, keely emerinemix wrote:

> I think vandalism has been pretty roundly condemned, Donovan, when and
> where it exists.  Sorry if that's not been clear to you.  What's also
> been condemned is a pastor's naming as suspects a handful of people
> who have had the temerity to leave his church and criticize him
> publicly -- with no evidence that they have ever committed any crime
> whatsoever.  Perhaps it's not clear to some that  leaving Christ
> Church and criticizing Doug Wilson is not a crime.  In fact, it may be
> a virtue.
>
> keely

I fear that this is like shouting down a rain barrel.  At this point,
if Doug Wilson stood in the middle of Friendship Square farted into a
megaphone, Donovan and company would claim that they'd just heard the
London Philharmonic playing Mozart's Jupiter Symphony.  There is no
silly, rude, cruel or offensive thing Doug Wilson can do without a
collection of fact-free defenders leaping to his aid.  Have any of them
read the actual complaint?  If so, then they fail to demonstrate any
familiarity with its contents.  Do any of them know the named
"suspects" on Doug's enemies list?  Then they clearly don't give a
rat's ass about them.

Poor Doug Wilson.  What a victim!  He breaks the law; the law bends.
He violates City Zoning Ordinance; the ordinance is changed.  I've seen
no evidence that his assorted businesses have suffered or that he's
been asked to do anything other than obey the laws that are supposed to
apply equally to us all.  That he hasn't, and that he's gotten away
with it, does seem to put paid to the whole "poor me" show.  I hope
Gary or Tony or Dick or Donovan play the violin.  Can't have a good
pity party without one.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com