[Vision2020] Bullying, Harrassment, and Intimidation (was: Escalation of claims )

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 29 08:32:38 PDT 2006

The nine recent publicly known incidents against Doug Wilson;

  Window Smashed at NSA
  Chalk on Sidewalk
  Trespassing and photographing of personal property w/o permission
  Four separate incidents of tires flattened
  Mailbox Vandalized
  Home Window Vandalized,

  were not about the actual cost of the damage- any more then burning a  cross on a person's lawn is about health of the lawn. It is about  bullying, harassing, and intimidating someone. Making them feel  powerless against someone. It is designed to make the person fearful of  leaving their  family, home, car, or business because this BULLY  will strike at them and there is nothing that they can do about. They  are forced to worry about what is being done to their property when  they are away. It is a horrible, defenseless position to be in. And it  is a horribly evil rotten thing to do to somebody.

 This is  the same mentality of those in school that cut your bike brakes, glued  your locker shut, cut your pig tails off, spit in your milk or threaten  to beat you up if your don't give up your lunch money.

  Nobody should have to live like this. And nobody likes to be bullied. It is ALWAYS wrong.

  Making fun of someone who reports it or tries to stop it or defend  themselves against the bullying, harassment, and intimation is   just more bullying, harassment, and intimidation. Someone that tries to  reduce the seriousness of bullying by saying it is just mere innocent  play, or an unburden-some financial problem, is also enabling and  promoting the bullying, harassment, and intimidation.

 If we  allow this BULLY to harass one man and his family because she doesn't  like this stance on a religious issue, you just enabled the next BULLY  that doesn't like the stance you have on a political issue to take it  out on your property, and if not for your stance, maybe because of a  stance your child, mother, or spouse made. People cannot be allowed to  destroy other people's property, or bully and harass them because they  don't like them or have a issue with them. It is wrong--and if cannot  see that, open your little mind up and think about it for a moment.

  Best,

  _DJA

Joan Opyr <joanopyr at moscow.com> wrote:  Joe is quite right.  The escalation of claims -- from a nail in a tire
to tires slashed, to calling this a campaign of terror -- is
outrageous.  When did "There's a condom in my mailbox" become "Play
Misty for Me?"  A smelly smudge on a picture window is not the work of
the Nightstalker.  No one I know approves of actual vandalism, but
let's not pretend that that's what this is.  Doug Wilson has
suspicions.  He's had a couple of flat tires.  He's had a condom in his
mailbox.  He's been obliged to break out the Windex with Ammonia D.
And, lest we forget, Doug includes as "harassment" legitimate legal
zoning complaints.  He writes this specifically in his statement.

There is no relationship between dirty condoms and zoning complaints.
None.  Moscow Zoning Code forbade educational institutions in the
Central Business District.  That was a fact.  The previous City Council
had to rewrite zoning code to permit New St. Andrews to operate in the
CBD.  City Council first legitimized the complaint and then rendered it
moot.  Is this in any way related to a screw in a tire?  Prove it.

Prove all of it.  Show me the money.  Photograph the screws.
Photograph the stinky window.  Document these complaints and then ask
Moscow Police to investigate.  In fact, I think the five (not four)
people Doug Wilson names should insist that this be investigated.
They've been named and shamed without evidence, without proof, without
recourse.  How fair is that?  I'd rank it right up there with asking
"When did you stop beating your wife?"

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

On Jul 28, 2006, at 7:40 PM, Joe Campbell wrote:

> Donovan,
>
> It is hard for me to determine what has actually happened to Wilson. I
> am interested in knowing the basis of your claims below, for instance?
> Did you see nails in Wilson's drive way? Did you help him change some
> of his tires?
>
> I don't know of anyone who would cheer violent acts toward another
> individual, whether or not they agreed with the individuals religious
> and political views. Vandalism is always wrong, as far as I can see.
>
> But what proof do we have that violence or vandalism has actually been
> done to Wilson? Furthermore, what proof do we have that Wilson's
> political critics have had anything to do with it, even if it did
> happen?
>
> I know of at least two persons, both critics of Wilson, who have had
> dog feces speared on the inside (in one case) and outside (in another
> case) of their cars. If I think that Wilson had something to do with
> this -- perhaps only indirectly, since he suggests that violent
> behavior toward gays and lesbians is justified -- does that give me
> the right to say in public that he is responsible for it? I don't
> think so.
>
> We need to get a better grip about what's going on here. You can start
> by telling me exactly how Wilson has been harmed and what EVIDENCE
> there is to believe that such harm has occurred.
>
> Best, Joe

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com