[Vision2020] Chas leaves V2020; Liberal Moscow Dead? How might V2020 be improved?

rvrcowboy rvrcowboy at clearwire.net
Wed Jul 26 11:04:26 PDT 2006

Personally, I understand the burnout Chas is experiencing.  However, he is
as much an antagonist against those with whom he disagrees as anyone who
participates.  I used to believe he was a total ass but slowly I came to see
some positives in his posts.  I still do not agree with about 85% of what he
has to say but I enjoy the debate and the difference in opinion, AND, most
of all, I respect his right to his own opinion.

I welcome the difference of opinion in the blog, it has given me new insight
and made me understand those with opinions differing from my own better.  Of
course the banter keeps things lively and makes things tense at times but
that is how we all play, and, how we also learn.  To be sure, there are a
couple of people who post here that I will never find myself in agreement
with.  Big deal!!

Chas is a big boy.  He can make his own decisions and we should all respect
that.  If he needs some time off, who wouldn't understand?  If he decides to
return at some later date... welcome him back.

All of us, at times, expect others to agree with us on certain topics.  In
reality, not everyone will ever agree whole-heartedly on every topic so we
need to stop fooling ourselves.  It is childish to think any differently so
if any of us can't take the heat we should just take our ball and go home.
Perhaps that is what Chas needs to do.  Perhaps he will realize this is not
reality but an exchange of opinions only and decide to bring his ball back
to the court.  Either way, it is his decision.

In the meantime, good luck Chas.  Whether we agree with you or not, we are
all better people in some way because we met and debated with you here in
the Vision.  Take some time to relax and let your brain rest and, if you get
the urge, come on back and share your thoughts with us once again.

Dick S.