[Vision2020] Chas leaves V2020; Liberal Moscow Dead? How might V2020 be improved?

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Wed Jul 26 10:08:14 PDT 2006

On Jul 26, 2006, at 9:05 AM, Nils Peterson wrote:

> And where is the Liberal Moscow blog? A V2020 alternative, announced in
> early June 2006. I looked in via the RSS and the last post is mid-June.
> Another corpse un-mourned, a better medium (blog + RSS) but no
> critical mass
> on the site.

I can answer this quickly and succintly.  The Liberal Moscow blog is
not dead; it's only sleeping.  (The Norwegian Blue likes to kip on its
back.)  Chas and I launched the site in a hurry, but we have not been
able to take an active interest in it or work to promote it since
mid-June.  I'm on deadline writing the sequel to my novel, Idaho Code.
The new book, From Hell to Breakfast, must be finished by the end of
this month.  Sometime in August, once I've caught my breath, I will
(or, rather, Chas and I will) pull our respective selves together and
get active on Liberal Moscow.  We have kinks and bugs and RSS feeds to
work out, but we will actively promote the site at that point.

FYI, we see Liberal Moscow as a complement to Vision 2020, not a
replacement.  I was on the verge of giving up on this list some months
ago.  I am not posting very often, and I read very little of what is
posted, but I still believe in the forum.  It is too easily hijacked by
unending bickering, nonsense, and malicious malefactors, but it's still
a great source of news and information (verify first!) and I have made
many friends here.  I may take the occasional vacation from Vision
2020, but I will not leave.

Joan

PS: How might Vision 2020 be improved?  Fewer dipshitacious posts; less
tit-for-tat; more information of genuine community, national, and
global relevance; thicker skins all the way around.  And if you find
you're sailing posts back and forth along the lines of Pee Wee Herman's
"I know you are, but what am I?" then take it offlist.  Easy enough,
right?  Wrong.  I do it, too, but I'm lucky to have Melynda to kick me
in the backside when I'm getting off-kilter.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com