[Vision2020] Putz

Tim Lohrmann timlohr at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 20 09:12:36 PDT 2006

Deacon,
  But there's a big but you neglected to mention, dude.
  What about the blown call at first?  Even the AP stories said the call was wrong. The game should have been over before the tying run was scored.
  What counted as a sac fly to score the tying run should have been the third out. You're right that Putz wasn't as sharp as he has been, but he can't be held responsible for blown calls.

   I'm not so sure you're right about Hargrove, either.
   I don't think he's Mr. Wonderful or anything necessarily, but he does have the experience of having been to a world series at least.
  And don't you think that firing him would pretty much disrupt the clubhouse for a while when the M's are still definitely in a division championship race?
  The time to make a change like that, if there even is a better option, is when the season's over, don'tcha think?
           TL

Deacon James <deaconblues42 at gmail.com> wrote:
  Visionatics,

Last night, J.J. Putz blew a save against the Yankees that led to a Mariner loss in 11 innings.

This was the first save situation in which Putz allowed a run since taking over as the closer in early May, and it was the first save situation in which he allowed a hit since June 6. Plus, he was pitching in what turned out to become a virtual tornado.

Somehow, this is more evidence that Mike Hargrove should be fired, but I haven't yet found a way to twist it. Any help here would be appreciated.

Take care,

Deacon
List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com