[Vision2020] Beheading, Hooding, and Water Boarding: CIA Torture in Vietnam, Latin America, and Iraq

Tony Simpson tonytime at clearwire.net
Mon Jul 17 12:53:13 PDT 2006

Nick,

Why is it that Nelson Brickman's testimony regarding the Phoenix Program is
not to be questioned, but that of contemporary conservatives, who deny his
allegations, are to be summarily dismissed?  For every story of abuse you
can cull from, any number of conflicting testimonies can be referenced.  You
have your bias and therefore only select from those sources which support
your thesis.

Inasmuch as you have no first hand knowledge of these alleged incidents, and
the contemporary reports were widely divergent, isn't it unwise to swallow
wholesale the tales of Brickman?  Clearly such material CAN be rationally
disputed.

Brickman's word is holy to you because he criticizes his country's conduct.
But William Colby, who supports his country's conduct you dismiss out of
hand as a liar.  Bottom line is you have no idea who is telling the truth,
but you prefer the anti-American line as usual.

Unless you can demonstrate with bootleg images as we benefited from at Abu
Grabe, (sp?) definitive proof of your allegations, they are just that,
allegations about which there is no consensus nor any direct, indisputable
evidence.

Gullibility hardly becomes you Prof.

Best,  --Tony