[Vision2020] Gay does not equal sterile

Scott Dredge sdredge at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 22:40:46 PDT 2006

I'm not sure whether I'm humored or disgusted when I read - and re-read - crap like "The fact that homosexuals cannot conceive children is a matter of biology, not bigotry."

Posting at http://right-mind.us/blogs/blog_0/archive/2006/07/14/45184.aspx

I would not expect the sterility rate of the gay population to be any different than that of the non-gay population.  Gene Robinson, the openly gay bishop in the Episcopal Church, has biological children as do many, many other openly gay people.  Can you believe that!  They have biological children and they are gay!  Doesn't that undisputated fact completely and totally annihilate misinformation of "homosexuals cannot conceive children".

And of course there is that whole other issue of groups like the Idaho Value Alliance battling to deny equal benefits for children of gay couples and then stating "the Idaho marriage amendment is not about hatred in any sense, but about creating the best possible nurturing environment for children."

I wonder if they're pushing for legislation to protect children with dead beat fathers with as much fervor.  And they might, especially if the the dead beat father also happens to be gay.

-Scott