[Vision2020] Re: Question about Googling terminology

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Tue Jul 11 07:23:07 PDT 2006

Re: Question about Googling terminologyI am fairly sure that Westinghouse was the big name in electric ice box's initially ( as in almost everything electric ) I would be more inclined to think that "fridge" comes from re-fridge-rator. One of the first jokes I can remember hearing as a kid went something like... A man opened his refrigerator one day  and to his surprise he found a bunny sleeping inside. The man asked the long eared interloper what it thought it was doing and the rabbit replied "it say's Westinghouse on the outside of  this thing doesn't it?" The man allowed as how it did. To which the cottontail replied "well then, obviously I'm just 'westing.

gc