[Vision2020] Re: Vision2020 Digest, Vol 26, Issue 97

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 19:22:56 PDT 2006

Nils,

 My name is Donovan, my brother's name is Tige, and my  sister's name is Reenie. Nobody, until we were in high school, could  get all of our names right. We grew up with 100 different spellings and  mispronunciations of our names all of our childhood--and even today.  But overall, I am glad I have a name that is different.

 My  biggest problem is that people confuse my first name and my last. My  three names can be put into any order. Donovan James Arnold, James  Donovan Arnold, Arnold James Donovan, Donovan Arnold James, etc.

  I almost didn't get into college because the state filed my high school transcripts under Arnold James Donovan.

  To me, your name seems pretty normal. You should be proud to have a name that is different then most the others.

  Best,

  _DJA

Nils Peterson <nils_peterson at wsu.edu> wrote:  Tom,

Growing up, especially in high school, I resented that my parents gave me an
unusual name (even if it is Swedish and I was born in Minnesota). However, I
have come to see the wisdom, if not actually enjoy, the name -- given how
many people manage to mis-hear it on the phone or mispronounce or misspell
it (Nil, Niles, Nels, Niells, ......) Its Nils like Pills (or if you prefer
Pils).

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com