[Vision2020] Ear-cleaning time! Get your free Q-Tips here!

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Mon Jul 10 14:09:32 PDT 2006

Tony Simpson writes:

"Joan blurts that Americans abroad act 'beligerent, fat-assed and
rude.'  Yet she cites no specifics."

Wrong.  Try again, Tony.  This is what I said in context and unedited:

"What image do we project when we're abroad, arrogance or humility?
How do we represent our country?  Too often, we're all mouth and no
trousers.  Too often we're belligerent, fat-assed, and rude.  Not
always.  It's been my experience that most people are wide open to
Americans; they're not lying in wait for us to make asses of ourselves.
  They're quick to point out that they like us as individuals, even when
they disagree with our global behavior."

You want some specific examples of how not to behave when traveling
abroad?  Read your own posts.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com