[Vision2020] This Isn't Hate Speech, Either

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 08:09:36 PDT 2006

Jobs like that are outsourced to India and Jamaica and wherever because
it's cheap labor.  No other reason.  Their customers don't like it, the
customer service staff in this country don't like it, the programmers
don't like it - but they get to shave a few pennies off their budgets.
Such a move can make a middle-manager look competent in upper
management's eyes.  It's indicative of the fact that the word "service"
is tending to mean even less than it has in recent years.

It's like the old saying, CREAM,  "Cash Rules Everything Around Me".

Paul