[Vision2020] Sex Offenders

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 7 13:06:57 PDT 2006

I, for one, am not offended by this particular e-mail.

I am, however, frustrated with laws (I TOTALLY get you do not have anything
to do with their passage) that continues to allow child sexual offenders to
remain free like all they did was steal a loaf of bread, they've served
their time and now they have the right to be out.  What about the children's
rights to be free?  I for one know for a fact on several levels, those
children will be worried, some of them sick with worry, some to the point of
suicide, that the guy, being out again, will come after them again.  They
worry about the "promise" the creep made to come after them, to do harm to
them or their family, etc.  This is REAL for those children and always will
be.

But this legal system which we now have seems either ignorant or simply
unwilling to understand those fears and worry only about the offender's
rights being violated.  Hang their rights!

They had NO RIGHT to go after the children, they had NO RIGHT to ruin the
childhood of those victims, they had NO RIGHT to disrupt the families of
those children, they had NO RIGHT force their ugliness unto the most
innocent of our society.  Simply put, they had NO RIGHT! and yet we continue
to foist rights unto them like all they are is mis-understood simpletons
that we have to live with or else.

Thank you for your information, Deputy McFarland; I just wish the people
responsible for the laws we are all forced to live with understood the pain
and horror those laws present to those of us not privy to guards, security
systems, etc. to protect our children.

BTW, I'd be interested in knowing what, if anything, the restrictions will
be for Sitler when he gets out....especially given that guns are readily
available to him through the church he will be returning to and that
contains many of his victims.  Will he be allowed around those children?
Hang the stipulation of "being with a guardian" - he was in an organization
that was supposedly very closed and close-knit and he STILL was able to
offend - repeatedly.  Would it not be possible for the church to section off
his area (Logos Gym IS rather large, after all) and have him sit where
children would not be allowed to go?  He could be seated in the rear by the
exit door opposite the table that holds the sacriments, after the church has
been entered by the congregation and their children.    Mayhap even a
curtain could be put up so he can continue to be a part of the service but
not be seen by the victims.  It would be nice to see the church take some
responsibility for this fool now that they seem intent on bringing him
around those children.

J  :]