[Vision2020] Doug Wilson and Keely Emerine Mix to discuss ChristChurch

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Jul 7 13:40:23 PDT 2006

>From today's (July 7, 2006) Moscow-Pullman daily News with a special thanks
to Vera White -

KRFP to feature debate with Wilson, Emerine Mix

By Vera White

Published: 07-07-2006

Christ Church leader Doug Wilson and Keely Emerine Mix, a critic of Christ
Church policies, will meet in a moderated debate broadcast on KRFP-FM radio
92.5, at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. The station also can be heard on the Web at
radiofreemoscow.com.

In a press release forwarded to the INKster by Bill London this week, radio
host and moderator Steve McGehee noted the debate would focus on the
relationship of Christ Church to evangelical Christianity.

Questions from listeners are encouraged and will be accepted during the
broadcast at (208) 892-9200.

KRFP-FM is a listener-supported community radio station serving Moscow and
surrounding areas.

The INKster was curious how this debate came about, so she put in calls to
Doug and Keely, who "thought" the debate was McGehee's idea.

"I don't think the debate will be one of those things you win by being
smart, quick or well spoken," Keely told the INKster in a telephone
conversation Monday. "I think the evidence and the points I intend to make
speak for themselves, and the only losers will be the people who don't
listen with an open mind. I have no trepidation facing Doug."

Doug is ready for the challenge.

"The thing I am looking forward to in this debate is diminishing the number
of people who get their information about Christ Church secondhand," Doug
told the INKster Wednesday morning. "I would like to come on the show being
the horse's mouth and not the other end."

Keely serves on the Moscow School Board, but her term ends July 25. She is
also Region II vice-chairwoman for the Idaho School Association until the
group's annual meeting in November.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"If I wanted to overhear every tedious scrap of brain static rattling around
in your head, I'd read your blog."

- Bill Maher

  _____