[Vision2020] Power outage

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 6 15:33:54 PDT 2006

I guess a sub-outlet caught fire and knocked the power out of several  places around town including parts of the UI and downtown. Does anyone  else have any other information? Why was the siren going off at 3:30  today?

 I don't know if this is related or not. But a police  officer was standing at the corner street of my neighborhood-like  guarding it or something. This concerned me. So I asked him what was  going on, and he told me "Nothing I needed to worry about." Now I  happen to think, if a police officer says that, I immediately start to  worry. I worry that our police are now not telling the public what they  are doing. If he was sneaking up on someone or trying not to alert  someone, he sure could have done a better job of being less  conspicuous. If what he was doing was public, he should disclose what  he is doing or refer me to someone higher in command that can.

  Best,

  _DJA