[Vision2020] The Trinity and the Princess' Identity

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 5 10:21:36 PDT 2006

Greetings:

I'm beginning to believe that J Ford is correct that the Princess is indeed Doug Jones.  One good clue was a reference to the Second Person of the Trinity as Christ complete with marks of the Crucifixion.

This reminds me of Dostoevsky's Prelude to the Grand Inquisitor legend of "The Brothers Karamozov." Mary, the feminine Godhead of the Trinity, or the Fourth Person of the Divine Quartrinity, beseeches God the Father to let all those in Hell out to enjoy all holy holidays.  Part of the Father's response (which is a firm "No") is to point to the wounds of the Person sitting on his right hand.

I've always said that Jones is a better rheoretician than theologian, but in our debate on the Trinity he inexplicably joins Jacques Derrida is declaring that there was no difference between rhetoric and logic!  See the entire debate at www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/trinity.htm.

But back to the Trinity.  Even if Jones' reference to the wounded Second Person is more literary than theological, it still implies the rather crude Tritheism that you find at Christ Church, one that  I've challenged Jones to reject.

Although I'm a strict and proud Unitarian, and I'm still fuming about Calvin's hand in the burning of my martyr Michael Servetus, I still appreciate good theological writing on the Trinity, and once again Keely, in a recent response to the Princess, demonstrates her theological brilliance on this subject.  I'm sure that she would agree that Christ's wounds have thoroughly healed in mystical union that is the One-in-Three and Three-in-One that comprises the orthodox Christian Trinity.

Nick Gier