OFFLIST Re: [Vision2020] A New Witch Hunt

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 21:52:23 PDT 2006

On 7/3/06, J Ford <privatejf32 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> For any Wiccans out there, could you please point me to a good web site(s)
> that would give a history and overview, if you will, of your faith?  I am
> studing the Middle Ages and am interested in Wiccans as well as Driuids.

I'm replying to this OFFLIST because I know there are Wiccans on
Vision2020, and I really don't want to offend them.  Different strokes
for different folks, and all that.  However, Wicca doesn't exist
outside of the dreams of its faithful.  It has no historicity,
certainly not extending back to the Middle Ages, and scarcely earlier
than the 1920's.  The best evidence indicates that it was invented
almost whole-cloth by a gentleman named Gerald Gardner.  I have known
a few practicing Wiccans who openly acknowledged this, much as I have
known a few secular Mormons who understand that Joseph smith probably
never saw a golden plate in his life, but still find value in the
fellowship of other Mormons.

Sorry I have been unresponsive otherwise; my life has been awkward of
late, and I barely have the time or energy to sneeze.

Cheers,

Chas