[Vision2020] A few Sunday thoughts on looks, theology, rancor and citystaff

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Mon Jul 3 09:08:14 PDT 2006

Doug,

You misrepresent what Joan said.  First, she was speaking to Wilson's
practice of stirring up controversies and poking neighbors in the eye in
order to get a publicizing response (a practice going back more than 15
years from what I know); she was not speaking of your "silent grace" of
planting kingdom seeds.  Second, she said she did not care about the
theological issues; but she noted those issues she did care about.  I
appreciate your attempt to actually interact with what she said; this seems
an improvement.  But perhaps your lack of success is in part due to your
arrogant insults against her, someone who is clearly more educated and
experienced with public writing than you. She is also the most enjoyable
writer to post on V2020 (I'm sure others would agree).

Michael

Mary,

You seem to be loosing your touch. The only manure that is being stirred is
the stuff that makes the roses grow. As to your narcissistic claim that you
are some sort of a public figure, get real! As I said last year: "Get a
life".

You then went on to talk about things theological. You said: "In short, if
you don't like the heat, don't harrow hell." But Mary that is what we
Christians are supposed to do. We are supposed to storm the gates of Hell
and plant that which will grow and grow until the whole earth is covered
like the waters of the sea.

You keep saying that no one really cares about what Pastor Wilson comments
on and yet you continue, time after time, to come over from your liberal
Moscow litter box to scratch in this garden. You keep writing your silliness
with such a great deal of care yet you keep saying that you "don't care". So
Mary which is it ... do you care or don't you. And why do you keep coming
back to Venom 2020, is no one listening to you over on your blog. Maybe you
should post a paper on a telephone pole where people will read it and it
will make a difference, maybe not.

lemeno, Doug!