[Vision2020] The Auntie Establishment and Brother Carl Show (July 2, 2006)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Jul 2 16:58:16 PDT 2006

Greetings Visionaires -

Along with this week's guest, KRFP Board Chair Steve McGehee, homage was
paid to our Independence Day with songs and discussions concerning the
history of our country.  These tributes were prefaced with the announcement
by Steve McGehee of the upcoming panel discussion with Keely Mix and Douglas
Wilson, scheduled for July 11, 2006 (7:30 PM).  Steve McGehee further
discussed the invalid process in which the Moscow Chamber of Commerce
conducted its survey concerning the community's desire (or lack thereof) for
a Wal-Mart Super Center.

In addition to this compilation of profound topics, Auntie and Bro "C" were
serenaded by a group of local musicians of which Moscow has only heard the
beginning; Ed Chidester and the Moscow Band With No Name.

For a taste:

Moscow's No Name Band singing one of their own tunes . . .

"She Knows What It's All About"
http://www.AuntieEstablishmentandBrotherCarl.com/She_Knows.mp3

A couple songs by Al Chidester . . .

"Where Were You The Night New Orleans Drowned?"
http://www.AuntieEstablishmentandBrotherCarl.com/New_Orleans_Drowned.mp3

"Sleazy Politician"
http://www.AuntieEstablishmentandBrotherCarl.com/Sleazy_Politician.mp3

Remember:  You heard them on KRFP first.

In case you were unable to tune in to today's show, you may download and
listen to it from:

http://www.AuntieEstablishmentandBrotherCarl.com

This week's song dedication goes out to those parishioners of Christ Church
who find themselves on the fence searching their consciences for the answer
to the question, "Should I stay or should I go?'  Maybe they are being
disillusioned to do the "right thing" by their un-pastor as they donate to
his collection plate.  Sometimes, more often than not, doing the right thing
amounts to no more than simply doing what is right; right for your family,
right for your community, and right for your peace of mind.

Once the disillusionment has dissipated, you're conscience is clear and
you've paid the un-pastor your final "Amen", I wish to remind you of two
things; love is more sincere and more appreciated when it is unconditional
and, as you leave the flock of the un-pastor-ized , be sure to remind the
elders . . .

"I Want My Money Back"
http://www.AuntieEstablishmentandBrotherCarl.com/Money_Back.mp3

"It's all or nothing, and nothing's all I ever get
Every time I turn it on, I burn it up and burn it out

It's a never ending attack,
Everything's a lie and that's a fact
Life is a lemon and I want my money back."

In closing I would like to pay tribute to our nation's 230th birthday with a
song I feel best expresses my feelings toward the United States of America,
in my opinion the "Nifty Fifty".

"Coming to America" by Neil Diamond
http://www.tomandrodna.com/America.mp3

"Everywhere around the world
they're coming to America
everytime that flags unfurled
they're coming to America
got a dream to take them there
they're coming to America
got a dream they come to share
they're coming to America"

Happy Birthday, America.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"Uh, how about a 1-strike law. Death doesn't seem too extreme for a Level-3
sex offender."

- Dale "Comb-Over" Courtney (August 3, 2005)